10 Things You Need to Know About the Law of Attraction
The law of attraction is an expression that became widely known by the public following the famous movie, “The Secret”. It is a physical law that works for everyone, whether one believes in it or not. There is so much proof that the law of attraction work among successful people who attract more and more abundance; even people for whom scarcity is a major component in their lives.
Once you know how to work with the principles of the law and apply it in your life, you can benefit the wonderful, life-changing experiences it brings.
There are many testimonies of people who claim that deep internalization of the law of attraction has altered their lives – only after they deciphered the most effective methods.
Here are some examples of the things you can gain when using the law of attraction in the correct way:
– Attract endless wealth and many resources of abundance
– Finding true love after years of searching in the wrong places
– A sense of happiness, joy, and peace – not only on special occasions
– A respite of anxiety, stress, and pressure in your daily life
– Attracting positive experiences ‘out of the blue’
What is the definition of this law, simply put?
Here it is: attracting into our lives whatever we put attention, energy, and focus on, for good and for bad.
Below is a list of 10 things you should know about the law of attraction, so you can use it for your highest good:
1. Vibrations: What you give is what you get– there are only two kinds of vibes: positive and negative. Your feelings create those vibes. You can feel various positive feelings like joy, happiness, and excitement – they will all be under the same vibe: positive. The word “vibration” simply describes the mood we’re in or a feeling we have. The vibrations are signals you send out to the world. The universe sends back the exact vibrations that match the ones you have. That’s why it’s important to feel good, so you can receive positive vibrations back that will match your personal broadcasting.
2. ‘What is’ doesn’t play a key role: When you focus on ‘what is’, what do you see? If there is a lacking in your life and that’s what you put your focus on, then you will continue to invite the same ‘what is’ into your life that doesn’t please you. Therefore, you need to start reacting to your imagination – what you want to be…what you want to have.
3. Focus on what you want: Focusing on what you want is the contrary of focusing on what is. Put your emphasis and energy on the things you want to manifest in your life. For instance, if you want to invite a loving and fulfilling relationship into your life, avoid falling into the victim trap of “I’m so lonely right now”, but instead, react to your imagination and focus on how you’ll feel when you will have a warm and loving relationship.
4. Release doubt: When you set a goal and put your energy into it, try to be aware of the resistance that comes up. The resistance is doubt; its source is rooted in the subconscious mind. The doubt carries a negative vibration, which is the opposite of manifesting your aspiration. Having awareness of the doubts that pop up in your head will make it easier for you to identify what is holding you back. After you spot those issues that limit your success, you can work on removing those blockages by shifting your subconscious beliefs.
5. Allowance: The great thing about manifestation is that it is up to us, not the outside circumstances. Allowance is the absence of negative vibration and is a state where resistance doesn’t exist. You fully allow yourself to reach a goal only when you remove the doubts you have. The doubt creates a negative vibration; your intense aspiration creates positive vibration. Once those two things happen at the same time, they cancel each other out. That is the reason so many people fail to manifest their dreams with the law of attraction. The speed at which the law of attraction responds to your wishes is directly proportional to the degree of your allowance.
6. Negative words: Words are not as important as our thoughts (that lead to our feelings which lead to our vibration). However, we do think with words, so it’s important to know what words you should not use. Don’t use words that cause you to attract what you don’t want, like ‘no’, ‘don’t’, ‘not’, or other words with negative meanings. Here is a bad example of choosing words: “I don’t want a married man.” Guess what this person will attract into her life? A married man. Instead, she could have said, “I am inviting a man who is emotionally available into my life.”
** An important note: avoid using the word “want” when you focus on your goal because it sends the message that you are continuing to look for something. Instead, use sentences like: “I am on my way to… I am inviting… I am attracting… I am allowing…”
7. Leave struggle out: Manifestation is not about struggling or working hard. If you think you should work hard to get things, then you have a false perception. Manifestation is growing. This is just like in nature, where flowers don’t make an effort to grow when water flows freely. Manifestation can occur quickly and naturally, free of struggle and extra effort.
8. Positive affirmations can be harmful sometimes: The law of attraction responds to your feeling about what you say and your feeling about what you think. So if you are trying to lose weight and you stand in front of the mirror and say, “I am skinny,” but at the same time, feel the opposite, it will create a bad vibe. When you practice positive affirmations, choose suggestions that don’t evoke resistance, but the ones that encourage positive vibrations.
9. Gratitude is a magnet for the good stuff: gratitude is to feel thankful for the things you already have. The best gurus in the world say, “Work with what you’ve got.” When you are appreciative of the things you currently have in your reality, that increases the “there is” energy. You subconsciously send a message of abundance to the universe. When you do that, you will attract more and more of the things you are thankful for. There is no need to be thankful for just the good things (like your health, family, house, etc.), but also the challenges you have experienced because those challenges have made you the person you are today- stronger, more mature, and capable of dealing with anything in your life.
10. Be the thing you want to attract: No matter what your goal is, you need to live it before you see proof of the results in your life. It means that you need to feel and experience similar features of the thing you want to invite. Do you want more money? Then you need to feel wealthy right now. Feeling wealthy can come in various forms, such as, “I feel wealthy because I have a great family.” It doesn’t have to be related to money directly, but it needs to carry similar traits. Do you want to attract a passionate relationship? Bring passion into your life right now! Find something that makes the passion burn within you. The purpose of this practice is to experience the value that your goal represents right now, not necessarily the goal itself.